Before you put your house up for sale, it is essential that you prepare your home to make it as appealing as possible. First and foremost, setting the right sales price from the start will ensure your house is considered by the largest pool of buyers from the date that it is listed. If your house is priced too high many buyers and real estate agents will simply remove it from consideration. Assuming your house is priced correctly, the following tips will help you attract buyers so you can sell your house as fast as possible.
• Marketing and Advertising – Even if your house is priced below market and it is the most beautiful house on the street, you have to make sure homebuyers know it is for sale buy weed online in NY. Make sure your real estate agent has listed your house on all the major real estate search engines. These sites should include: Realtor.com, Zillow, Facebook, and any other real estate sites that are used in your area. Social media is used by nearly every home buyer. Once your house is listed, view your listing online and make sure there are numerous photos of your property. Many homebuyers use the Internet to search potential houses by price and then they look at photos. If the photos of your house are not in the best possible light, you could be losing potential homebuyers.
• Curb Appeal – Now that you’ve attracted potential homebuyers to view your property, you need to make the outside of your property as appealing as possible. Make sure the grass is cut, the weeds are pulled, the bushes are trimmed, and flowers are planted. If anything is damaged in the front of your house, such as: siding, down spouts, windows, the front door, or mailbox, they should be addressed before listing your property.
• Update the Interior – When potential buyers walk into your property, the entrance way and the main rooms of the house should be clean and inviting. You can paint rooms a neutral color, update flooring, and update fixtures. You don’t have to spend a lot of money; average quality updates should be fine for most homebuyers. Brighten up rooms by opening the drapes and using higher wattage light bulbs. This will make the rooms look bigger and brighter. Also look for glaring issues in your house. These may be as minor as: electrical outlet covers, lighting fixtures, and register covers. Adding an alarm system should also be considered. These updates may be very minor, but may change the appearance and allure of your house to potential buyers.
• De-clutter and Clean – Take time to remove personal items and clutter from the house. Thoroughly vacuum and clean each room to make them in as inviting and appealing as possible. If possible hire a cleaning service to do a deep cleaning prior to showing the house.
• Board Your Animals – If possible, board your dog or cat prior to listing your house. This will allow your house to be shown at any time and will eliminate potential smells and odors that a cat box or dog may leave lingering in the property. Potential homebuyers will be rushed and turned off if your dog is locked in a room barking wildly while they are viewing your property.
• Provide Positive Information – Leave positive information on the kitchen table for potential buyers and realtors who view your property. This information should include: nearby dining, shopping, attractions, and recreation. Also, if the school system is highly rated, make sure information regarding the school district is provided. This information could be the difference between an offer on your house instead of another property.
Effectively promoting and improving the appearance of your house will not only result in a higher sales price, but most likely a quicker sale. Lastly, always make sure before accepting any offer that the buyer is pre-approved. The last thing you will want to do is to take your house off the market for a potential buyer who may not qualify for a loan. Always ask to see a copy of any potential homebuyers’ pre-approval letter to verify their ability to obtain mortgage financing.